rwp-banner


Sheltons Organic Turkey

if I empty out all the unimportant stuff here, maybe there'll be more room in my head for important things


name: shelton brett
location: western u.s.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

lucky quote

"It's hard to detect good luck -- it looks so much like something you've earned."
-- Fred A. Clark

Is good luck when preparation meets opportunity? Or is there something less scientific to it? One of my favorite superheroes when I was young was this Irish lassie in a head-to-toe green outfit that had the superpower of good fortune. Her name was "Shamrock" (first encountered her in Contest of Champions mini-series). Later another guy came along called "Longshot" that supposedly had a similar super power but he was from the future and was much less likable, in my opinion.

Any other favorite quotes about "luck" that anyone wants to share, I'd love to see them.