rwp-banner


Sheltons Organic Turkey

if I empty out all the unimportant stuff here, maybe there'll be more room in my head for important things


name: shelton brett
location: western u.s.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

what's up with the D&D cartoon orcs vs. the Return of the Jedi soldiers?

Yeah, that's a super-long title for a blog post. But seriously, the orcs from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoons look extremely similar to the pig-looking guards in Jabba the Hut's palace in Return of the Jedi. Has no one made this connection before? I mean, even their clothing looks the same, but the green-skinned biped that is the pig-soldier is the same in both shows. What's up with that?

Anyone have the energy of finding some photos of each and posting them up? I'd be most obliged.

Speaking of nothing in particular, I thought I'd give an update on my hockey skills. Eventually I'd hope they become "skillz" but we're not quite there yet. Anyway, today I had maybe my best game ever. I scored a nice goal (lifted it over the goalie on the short side, top shelf, quite
impressive!), I had a nice assist to Greg for another goal, and I (of course) took a 2 minute penalty for "roughing." To me, that's probably the best tri-fecta I could have hoped for!

And the guy I took the penality on had to leave the game. Not that I'm proud of that, mind you, but let's just say that the crease is mine. Got it?!

Just had to share. I'm particularly missing friends in Seatown about now, hope all remains up there, and I hope to be back soon.