rwp-banner


Sheltons Organic Turkey

if I empty out all the unimportant stuff here, maybe there'll be more room in my head for important things


name: shelton brett
location: western u.s.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Nada Fiction

From time to time I like to write little fictional storylets. They’re not full stories, they’re too short for that. But sometimes I wake up from a night full of ‘mares and the only thing to do is to write a bunch of stuff, usually from someone else’s perspective. But for people who might read this and who know my real identity, you should disassociate me and truth from the storylets.

The brilliant Roger Clyne wrote in his lyrics to “Nada”:

There ain’t no moral to this story at all
and everything I tell you very well could be a lie.
There ain’t no morals to these stories at all
And everything I tell you, you can bet will be a lie.

Well, that’s how I write stories too. It’s fiction. Of course, if you believe that everything I write is a lie, then you can't believe that everything I write is a lie.